Advertisement

Nuts = gas?

topic posted Fri, April 29, 2005 - 11:54 AM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
So, I kept reading on the internet that you should incorporate nuts into your diet. I bought a jar of cashews and a jar of honey roasted peanuts (maybe not the best nut choices, but baby steps). I've been snaking on them for about a week and a half, instead of my normal snack foods of candy bars and chocolate, and I've noticed that I've been extra gassy. I can't think of any other changes to my diet or causes. Do nuts cause gas?
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

any change in diet can cause gas.
    peanuts are legumes so arent they actually beans?
    and we all know that rhyme.
    hee hee
  • nuts are high in fats & proteins & if not chewed into a meal texture they have to 'digest' or breakdown in the intestines which will create gases in the process. Also if not chewed properly pieces can get stuck in pockets in the intestines causing various problems ie a cashew caused me Appendicitis :{ & I still hesitate to buy them though I love 'em
    On the other hand nuts are good nutritous foods if chewed up
    • I just had my appendix out. An emergency appendectomy. The day before I ate a lot of almonds. I have been thinking that there might be a correlation between eating the almonds and the apprendicitis. I googled "appendectomy causes nuts" and your "Nuts = gas?" came up, which reinforces my suspicions that there is a link!! Interesting. I am still eating the almonds (bought at Costco -- the Kirkland "Marcona Almonds" - -- so good! But scary if little pieces get caught somehwere in our digestive tracts! Now that my appendix is gone, i wonder if that's good or bad?!! Can any medical person comment on this link / concern?
  • black beans = gas
    garlic = gas
    broccoli = gas

garlic is the worst , for me ... i am trying to avoid it entirely ...

and i had a ruptured appendix but doc. said it's nothing to do with nuts ,... it's genetic and also stress related when they get inflamed and burst open or just inflame ...

Recent topics in "Junk Food Recovery"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Obesity = Dementia risk Gi Gi 7 July 23, 2008
arrGH!! severe junk food hangover! Poopy 1 January 16, 2008
revenge of food log Poopy 1 January 15, 2008
finally breaking the cycle Poopy 3 January 15, 2008
Binging SynerGy 1 October 25, 2007